In 2019 when I started my blogging journey I chosen Blogspot as it is completely Free and popular platform in the industry.
Blogspot doesn’t offer much better functionalities but it is easy to use and perfect to put our first step in Blogging.
If you have zero knowledge of Blogging my recommendation is to begin with Blogspot and when you get a good idea of how things work then you can start a WordPress site or Migrate Blogger to WordPress.
Note: If you are also getting an error page when the Blogspot XML file upload complete then this article will help you with that.
How This Guide Will Help You
- Migrate Blogger to WordPress without losing rankings
- No error
- Remove Date from URLs
- Migrate without XML file
Migrate Blogger To WordPress Quick Guide
- Get a Domain & Hosting [Ambition Host / Hostkarle]
- Set-up WordPress
- Install Blogger Importer/Blogger Importer Extended Plugin
- Export Blogger site
- Import Blogspot site
- Setup 301 redirection to redirect Blogger URLs to WordPress
- Fix the minor problems with paragraphs and import missing media files
- That’s all
Switch Blogger To WordPress
- Get a Domain & Hosting and Install WordPress
- By default a Hello World post will be published
If you are still a newbie and looking for a platform that can help you to get the domain and hosting at a cheap price you can try Ambition Host.
I use Ambition Host to purchase domain at cheap price.
- Login to WordPress Dashboard & Navigate to Tools > Import
- Under Blogger click Run Importer
- Login to Blogger dashboard
- Settings > Manage Blog > Back up Content
An XML will download that contains all the blogger data.
- Click Download To download the Blogger data
- Click on Choose File & upload the XML file
- Hit Upload file and import
- Here an error occured
This error keep on appearing after upload, so I tried it on Computer, for two websites.
- Then I found another problem
But the after describing errors to Namecheap support team it got fixed within seconds and after that no error appeared.
Import Blogger To WordPress Without XML File
If the above method is not working for you then this will definitely work. It is the alternative way to Import Blogspot site to wordpress without XML file.
- Login to WordPress dashboard > Plugins > Add New
- Search for “Blogger Importer Extended”
- Install & Activate “Blogger Importer Extended” by Pipdig
- Click on”This Page” option to get started > Run Importer
- You can also get it by navigating to Tools > Import > Click Run under “Blogger Importer Extended”
- In the Initial days the Plugin was for free but by the time they are decreasing the number of posts to import.
- Now I’m allowed to import 30 posts for free and for more I need to get the premium license.
- Plugin owner is continuously reducing the number of posts to import so I can’t guarantee that it will be available for free.
- Click on 30 posts for free
- Open a New Tab
- Go to Blogger Dashboard > Select Site > Click on the URL box
- Copy the 19 digit ID mentioned after blogID=*******************#allposts
- In the plugin tab Paste the 19 digit ID > Submit
- Your Blogspot address will appear
- Click Start Import
- If it asks for permission allow it
- Import will begin
- Don’t close the tab or minimize the browser until it complete the process
- If the limit of 30 posts is exhausted then click Return to dashboard
- As you can see it imported 33 posts and media files for featured image.
- Go back to Plugin page
- Enable Redirect old Blogger links & Redirect 404s to homepage
- Save Changes
- Click Download Template
- An XML file will download
- Navigate to Blogger Dashboard > Theme > Backup/Restore
- Upload the XML file downloaded from WordPress dashboard
- Select all posts and revert to draft
Now all your post published on Blogger will be transferred to WordPress along with their post URL.
What Will Happen If Limit Exhausted
In my case two errors occurred and here I’m sharing that screenshots.
Things To Do After Migration
If you are leaving it as it is just by migrating you will lose all your ranking. So it is highly recommended to do the basic things such as
- WordPress SEO Optimization
- Sitemap submission
- Robots.txt file
- Essential SEO Plugin Installation
- Cache plugin to reduce page loading time (WP Rocket)
- Image Optimization
Can I transfer my Blogger to WordPress?
Yes, you can Blogger To WordPress by following simple steps
Download Blogger XML file > Install Blogger Importer (WordPress) > Upload XML File > Change The Author > It Is Done.
Is WordPress really free?
WordPress software is 100% FREE but to store it on hosting you have to pay your hosting provider.
Is Blogger free to use?
Blogger is a FREE platform by Google where one can share their ideas in the form of text and images. But to make it more professional you have to pay for custom domain name.
Does blogger need hosting?
No to run Blogger Website you don’t need to purchase any hosting.
Is Blogger better than WordPress, for seo?
No, Blogger is a simple blog post publishing platform and there are only limited functionalities are available, whereas WordPress has a lot of functionalities and to perform anything many useful plugins are available for free.
I hope this article helped you to Migrate Blogger Website To WordPress without any error. If you are facing any issue while migrating drop your queries in the comment.