Images & Designs are the real beauty of any blog post. But everyone is not so creative to capture and create beautiful images.
Do you know there are many platforms that provides premium quality Royalty-Free Images for free as well as paid.
Here I am listing all those websites that allow you to use their images for free without any attribution.
For your ease I suggest you to bookmark this page.
You can use these stocks images directly for commercial and non-commercial purposes without any attribution. I suggest you to edit them to bring uniqueness.
It is not mandatory to give credit to the photographer and platform but if you want to add the credit do as it is described in the example below.
Giving credit to the artist and platform will encourage them to share more creative pictures to meet all your requirements.
What Is Royalty-Free?
Royalty-free means right to use copyrighted material without paying royalties or license fees for the material you are using in your content.
It is allowed to use for Commercial as well as Non-Commercial purposes.
11 Stock Image Sites FREE For Commercial Use
Here is the list of all the websites that offers high quality of Images from different categories that can fulfill all your needs.
Bottom Line: Before I take you to the article let me tell you which is the best from the below platforms.
Personally I use Pexels and Pixabay for most of the pictures, but if I don’t find photo of my choice I look for Unsplash.
1. Pexels: Free stock photos
Pexels is the leading platform that deliver quality free stock images from all categories. It has a massive collection of Images as well as Videos.
Pexels has its own license and that allows you what to do and not do. Bloggers like me and take the best use of this website.
It is useful for
- Blog Posts & Websites
- Product Promotion
- Print Marketing
- Sharing On Social Media
According to Pexels License a few things are allowed and not allowed.
- All photos and videos are free to use.
- Attribution is not required.
- You can modify the photos and videos as you like.
- Person in the photo may not appear in a bad light or in a offensive way.
- Don’t sell unaltered copies of a photo or video, e.g. as a poster, print or on a physical product without modifying it first.
- Don’t sell photos & videos on other stock photo or wallpaper platforms.
- Don’t imply endorsement of your product by people or brands on the imagery.
2. Pixabay: Stunning Free Images to Use Anywhere
Pixabay has a massive database of High Quality Creative Common license Images. It means you are free to use all the images without giving credit to anyone.
In addition it provides Vectors, Illustrations and Camera Search.
According to Pixabay License a few things are allowed and not allowed.
- Images and Videos can be used for commercial and non-commercial use across print and digital media.
- Attribution is not mandatory.
- Modification is all upto you.
- Don’t resale on other Stock images and Wallpaper platforms.
- Don’t sell unaltered copies of an image. e.g. sell an exact copy of a photo as a poster, print or on a physical product.
- Person in photo must not be in a bad light or in a offensive way.
- Don’t use images with identifiable brands to create a misleading association with a product or service.
3. Unsplash: Beautiful Free Images & Pictures
Umsplash has a massive database of High Quality Creative Images shared by amazing photographers everyday.
Photographers at Unsplash has a great collection choice and everyone’s creativity is super amazing.
According to Unsplash License a few things are allowed and not allowed.
- Photos can be used for commercial and personal use.
- No Attribution is required
- Photo reselling is not permitted
- Don’t use these images to create similar platform.
4. Freerange Stock: Free Stock Photos – Totally Free Commercial Photography and Textures
Freerange has a huge collection of High Quality stock images available for free to download, but to download the images first of all you need to sign up.
If you are contributing your art they will share their Google AdSense revenue with you.
According to Freerange Stock License a few things are allowed and not allowed.
- Use for Commercial and Non-commercial
- No Attribution required
- Reselling and relicensing is not allowed.
- Pictures must not be spotted in bad light.
5. Life of Pix: Free high resolution photography
Life of Pix has a massive collection of High Quality stock images shared by thousands of creative photographers available for free to use.
All of their photos are available in the Public Domain, it means you are free to use these without worrying about copyright.
According to Life of Pix License a few things are allowed and not allowed.
6. Burst by Shopify
Burst has a vast library of high quality images Royalty-Free Images launched by Shopify in 2017 to use in social media marketing, blog post, and for other commercial and personal use.
It has pictures from all the categories such as Technology, Lifestyle, Food, etc. and you are Free to use these pictures on Shopify or on your own website.
According to Burst License a few things are allowed and not allowed.
- No Attribution Required
- Can modify or use directly for commercial and non-commercial purposes
- Reselling is not allowed
- Not allowed to create similar platform using these photos
7. Reshot: Uniquely Free Photos
Reshot is another platform that allows you to use photos uploaded by the photographers for free. You can edit and modify according to your need for commercial and non-commercial project.
This website is very quick in loading even after having High Quality stock images.
You will be able to find at least hundreds of Images from any category you are looking for.
According to Reshot License a few things are allowed and not allowed.
- No Attribution Required
- Use for Commercial as well as non-commercial
- Reselling not allowed
- Photos in bad light will not be tolerated
8. Stockvault: Free Stock Photos | Free Images and Vectors
Stockvault has thousands of well curated and new edition pictures from all the categories and that made it a great platform for free stock photos.
Pictures available on Stockvault is very different from all the other platforms, while in search you get so many varieties of filters to find the image suitable only for you, and are available with free to use license.
According to Stockvault License a few things are allowed and not allowed.
- No Attribution Required
- One can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for personal, educational and commercial use.
- Reselling not allowed
9. picjumbo: Free Stock Photos
Picjumbo is another platform which is owned by a photographer whose photography was declined by many stock platforms and later he started this, and currently it is the leading platform for best photography.
This website is seen on many famous platforms such as Entrepreneur, TNW, Life Hacker, Buffer, Design Modo, etc.
According to Picjumbo License a few things are allowed and not allowed.
- Download for free
- Use for Commercial and Personal use
- Download From different site is not permitted
- Reselling not permitted
Pikwizard is another platform with massive collection of unique and stylish photos. Photos on has CC0 (Creative Commons Zero) license.
You are allowed to make editing such as effects and typography, and with the online editor provided by Pikwizard, for more functionalities in the tool you need to upgrade to premium version.
According to Pikwizard License a few things are allowed and not allowed.
- Attribution not mandatory
- Give credit where required
- Identifiable person and logo must not be appear in bad light
- You are not allowed to use images with identifiable brand names, property, logos, copyrighted or trade-marked material for commercial advertising.
11. Rawpixel: Free Stock Images, Vectors & PSD Mockups
Rawpixel has a massive database of High Quality stock Photos and Graphics Illustrations that comes with CCO license.
They offers free as well as premium images, and for premium you have to purchase it.
According to Rawpixel License a few things are allowed and not allowed.
- Free members are free to use all the photos for free as well as commercial
- You can also use for projects
- Premium Access not available for free
- Relicensing strictly prohibited
These are the 11 websites that I trust and it allows you to use all their images and videos for free. The day I’m publishing this article their license describes it is free to use. But I’m responsible if they are making changes in their license.
People Also Ask
Can I use royalty free images for commercial use?
Yes, you Can use royalty-free images for commercial purpose. But not every platform pictures, because each platform varies in their license.
Is Pexels copyright free?
You can use all Pexels images Free for any commercial and personal projects.
What happens if you use copyrighted images without permission?
If you are using copyrighted Images without permission, then image owner can take legal action against your site and there is a chance that popular search engine like Google may penalise for this behaviour.
Can I use a copyrighted image if I change it?
No, even if you are modifying the original image you are violating the copyright law, and there is also 50 – 50 chance that owner can take actions.
What Is Public Domain?
Creative Works which are not protected by copyright or its copyright is expired and anyone is free to use all these materials without permission and giving credit to the photographer or the platform.
Ex: I have uploaded a photo on my website and allowed to use it for free without giving me any credit or link pointing to my site, then it will be counted as Public Domain.
For more information about Public Domain read on Wikipedia.
What Is Creative Commons (CC)?
It is an American non-profit organization built for the educational access and to encourage the range of unique creative works available for everyone legally. To make internet more protective from online copyright issues this organization has released several licenses related to copyright-licenses they are also known as Creative Common Licenses.
For more information about Creative Common Licenses in details read this guide on Wikipedia
You can find many more Websites that offers high quality stock images for free without any attribution.
But here I have tried to mention only the trusted sources and popular in this field. In the above sites you will never feel like this is the end.
I’m assuming that this article helped you in finding a few platforms that offers high quality of Royalty-Free Images. I also use these sites for downloading images.
If this article helped you in any way then please don’t forget to share it with all your blogger friends who needs high quality of royalty-free images, and if you have any query related to these images feel free to drop it down in the comments below.