Do you want to set up Domain Forwarding using the 301 redirection technique?
Is your Blogger (Blogspot) website showing an error message?
If Yes, then this article is for you. Because here, I will be sharing the 301 redirection method to set up domain forwarding And tell you why the website hosted on Blogger shows these types of error while visiting.
The error occurs on Blogger websites when you have made any mistake while connecting the domain name, or you have not pointed the domain name at the right IP address; there may be some other problem also.
The solution to all this problem is 301 redirection (permanent redirection), and we can fix this by domain forwarding in GoDaddy on Blogger.
How To Set Up Domain Forwarding On GoDaddy
- Before moving forward, first of all, go to the Blogger Settings and check the Redirect box is ticked or not
- If it does not then tick it and save the setting
- And if it is already done Ignore
- Login in to your domain registrar website
- Go to the DNS of the domain which you want to set domain Forwarding.
- Here I will be using the GoDaddy.
- Please check the A Record is it added or not
- If not then add as described in the below image
- Scroll down and navigate to Domain Forwarding Area
- Click on Add and follow the below screenshot & setup as it is.
- Forward To select https://
- In the next box enter website (www.hextoid.com)
- Forward Type choose Permanent (301)
- In settings, select Forward Only
Note: In the website box, you have to enter the name of the website on which you want to redirect. Here we are redirecting to the same site. That’s why I entered this web address.
- After doing all these, a confirmation message will appear
- Hardly it takes 10-15 minutes to complete the setup. But sometimes it may take 24hr to 72hr.
Frequently Asked Question
What Does domain forwarding do?
Domain forwarding is a technique using which you can redirect a domain to a new web address. We can do it by using the domain registrar website without playing with the codes. If you are confused about how to do it, then please read the article once again.
Is domain forwarding free?
Yes, it is 100% free, and there are several ways of domain forwarding. First is by going to the registrar website, and the second by using the cPanel of the hosting if you are using WordPress.
What is forwarding domain in GoDaddy?
Domain forwarding is just like call forwarding we use on our mobile phone. Here we point one domain to another domain.
Do I need a hosting to forward domain?
It doesn’t need a hosting to forward domain. You can forward the domain name using the domain registrar website by following the above steps.
How do I know if my domain is forwarded?
You can check this by entering the URL of the website you used for forwarding. If the forwarded domain is redirecting to the new domain means it is done.
Do 301 redirects hurt SEO?
If you are applying the 301 redirects, then the SEO done for the old URL will be transferred to the new URL. But remember, not the 100% SEO will be transferred. Whereas some 301 don’t show much effect on the website ranking.
Here is something by GoDaddy related to domain forwarding https://in.godaddy.com/help/forward-my-domain-12123
I hope this article would be helpful for you. If you have any queries related to Domain Forwarding in GoDaddy or about anything, please let me know.
It would be a lovely opportunity to solve those problems.
Please share it with all your blogger friends so they may not face this problem in the future.
Each share is very precious for us. So don’t forget to share it on social media.