Do you want to transfer domain name from one to another GoDaddy account?
Then you are on the right page because here I will be sharing the complete procedures to transfer GoDaddy domain from one to another account.
Why Do Bloggers Transfer Domain Name?
There can be various reasons for domain transfer but in most cases, I have noticed that on some occasions, big brands come with Hot Deals & Offers on new accounts.
To take advantage of this, many people create new accounts to purchase a domain at a low price.
The second reason is that many domain registrars renewable cost is too high so it is better to transfer on another website.
If you also want to purchase a domain at a low price, I will suggest you create a new account, and purchase, after that you may transfer to any profile at zero transfer cost.
How To Transfer Domain From One To Another GoDaddy Account?
- Login to Sender’s Account > Click On Profile Icon > My Products
- Click On Manage Which Domain Name You Want To Transfer
- Scroll Down & Click On Transfer Domain To Another GoDaddy Account
- Enter Email or Customer # and Select Yes or No according to Your Choice and hit Transfer Domain.
- Transfer Confirmation Message Will Be Displayed Here.
- Sender’s Account Is Now Empty as you can see below.
- Login to Receiver’s Account > Click On Profile Icon > My Products
- Click On Manage All In front of Domain
- If you are doing with phone Turn On Desktop Site > Click On 3 Line (2 Domains are available in the receiver account)
- Click Domains
- Click Transfers / Transfers-In
- In the 1st Dropdown Select All Transfers In
- Select The Domain Name You Want To Receive and hit Accept Transfer
- If you want then fill your information (by default it contains the information of the person who bought the domain name from registrar) or leave as it is and click Next
- Tick & hit Begin Transfer
- Domain Transfer Confirmation Message.
- Click On View My Domains.
- As you can see 3 domains are available in Receiver’s Account
- Receiver’s email confirmation message
If you are still having any queries do visit the below articles
- Move my domain to another GoDaddy account
- Domain Transfer
- Get an authorization code to transfer my domain away from GoDaddy
How To Transfer Domain From GoDady To Namecheap?
Namecheap provides amazing deals and offers on domains specially when you transfer it from another registrar to Namecheap. You can use this procedure to do with any registrar not only the namecheap.
- Login to GoDaddy account > My Products > Under Domain section Tap on Manage near the domain you want to transfer
- Turn Off Domain Lock > Click On Transfer Domain Away From GoDaddy
- Continue with transfer
- Click On “Click Here To See Authorization Code”
- Click “Copy to Clipboard” to copy the authorization code
- Go to Namecheap.com > Domains > Domain Transfer
- Enter domain name > Click Transfer
- Tick in “Domain Contact Infomation” > Paste authorization code that you copied from GoDaddy > Click “Verify Auth Code” > Tap on Add To Cart
- Click View Cart
Note: Namecheap provides WhoisGuard for free (means nobody will get your contact details publicly) & and a promotional coupon code has been automatically applied which gave us a discount of $1.7.
- Recheck everything and click Confirm Order
- Select your payment method in my case I’m using PayPal > Click Continue
- Click CheckOut With PayPal
- Complete Your Payment & within 1 week the domain will be available in your Namecheap account
- By chance if it is not showing in your Namecheap account contact your Namecheap support and they will resolve all your issues.
GoDaddy Domain Transfer FAQ
How Much It Takes To Complete Transfer?
Usually it takes 5 – 10 minutes to complete the transfer. But sometimes it takes 24 – 48 hr to complete due to some problems.
How much it costs to transfer a domain name from one GoDaddy account to another GoDaddy account.
It is completely free to transfer. But a few domain registrar platforms ask to pay few amounts to complete the transfer.
Are there any limits on when I can transfer my domains.
Domains can be transferred almost any time. However, ICANN prohibits domain transfers within 60 days of registration or prior transfer
After how many days I will be able to transfer the same domain again.
You won’t be able to transfer the same domain to another registrar for 10 days after completing this process.
What is domain transfer process?
In short and simple words domain transfer is the process of changing the domain owner, and once the transfer is completed the new owner will have the complete rights on that domain.
I hope this article would be helpful for you. If you have any queries related to the domain transfer, feel free to leave it in the comment below.