When you add your site in the Google AdSense for the first, it displays an error like “URL must be a valid top-level domain. Did you mean to enter: http://hextoid.com.”
This article will let you know how you can solve this and add site in the Google AdSense without any error.
First, let me clear you that it is not an error; this message appears when you make a mistake while entering the site URL.
It is a complete step-by-step guide to solve this issue, so sit tight and let’s solve it.
When it happens with a newbie who is applying AdSense for the first time, they start thinking that even I have a TLD domain now what I should do.
But don’t fear when Vikas is here.
Things Required To Fix The Error
- An AdSense Account
- Website with TLD (Top Level Domain)
URL Must Be A Valid Top-Level Domain. Did You Mean To Enter: (Shortcut)
- Login to AdSense
- Go to Sites
- Click Add Site
- Enter Url (Without https://www.)
- Click Next
- Copy & Paste Code Under <head>
- Click Submit
It is done.
URL Must Be A Valid Top-Level Domain. Did You Mean To Enter:
- Login To AdSense > Sites > Add Site
- Enter Site Name > Click Next
- Click Copy > Paste the copied Code under <head> tag > Click Submit
- Here we got the error Url Must Be A Valid Top-Level Domain. Did You Mean To Enter:
Here we got the error because the URL contains “https://www.” If you don’t remove “https://www.” you will face this problem. Make sure to remove “https://www.”
- Click Back
- Enter Site Name (Without https://www.) > Next
If you have already pasted this code on your site, then ignore it.
Otherwise, Click Copy > Paste the code below tag.
- Click Submit
- But this time, we don’t have an error like “Url Must Be A Valid Top-Level Domain. Did You Mean To Enter:“.
- This time it displayed ” Site added and getting ready to show ads.”
People Also Ask
✓ What is a valid top level domain?
A valid top-level domain is an extension that is available at the end of any website. The complete URL is something like https://www.hextoid.com/.
In the above URL, .com is the TLD, and it is of two types; one is the Generic top-level domain (gTLD), whereas another one is Country-code top-level domain (ccTLD).
gTLD example: .com .net .org
ccTLD example: .in .co .us .de
✓ Why are top-level domain important?
TLDs are used to give a professional touch to any website, and the search engine provides more value to TLD domains rather than the free domains like .ml and .tk.
✓ What are the 5 top level domains?
Here are the top 5 TLDs
I hope this article helped you to fix AdSense error URL must be a valid top-level domain. Did you mean to enter: http://hextoid.com.
If you have any queries related to AdSense and blogging please drop it down in the comment below.