Do you want to set up GoDaddy Domain Forwarding using the 301 redirection technique?
If your Blogger (Blogspot) website is showing an error message after connecting custom domain then this article will help you to solve this.
Here I will be using the 301 redirection method to set up domain forwarding.
Error on Blogger site occurs if you have made any mistake while connecting the custom domain or if it is not pointing to the right IP. Some other reasons can also be there.
The solution to all this problem is 301 redirection (permanent redirection), and we can fix this by domain forwarding in GoDaddy on Blogger.
How To Set Up Domain Forwarding On GoDaddy
- Before moving forward, first of all, go to the Blogger Settings and check the Redirect box is ticked or not
- If it does not then tick it and save the setting
- And if it is already done skip this.
- Login in to your domain registrar website
- Go to the DNS of the domain which you want to set domain Forwarding.
- Here I will be using the GoDaddy.
- Please check the A Record is it added or not
- If not then add as described in the below image
- Scroll down and navigate to Domain Forwarding Area
- Click on Add and follow the below screenshot & setup as it is.
- In Forward To select https://
- In the next box enter website (www.hextoid.com)
- Forward Type choose Permanent (301)
- In settings, select Forward Only
Note: In the website box, enter the website address on which you want to redirect the current domain. Here I’m are redirecting to the same site.
- After doing all these, a confirmation message will appear
- Hardly it takes 10-15 minutes to complete the setup. But sometimes it may take 24hr to 72hr.
People Also Ask
What Does domain forwarding do?
Is domain forwarding free?
What is forwarding domain in GoDaddy?
Do I need a hosting to forward domain?
How do I know if my domain is forwarded?
Do 301 redirects hurt SEO?
Here is something by GoDaddy related to domain forwarding https://in.godaddy.com/help/forward-my-domain-12123
I hope this article would be helpful for you. If you have any queries related to Domain Forwarding in GoDaddy or about anything, please let me know in the comments.
Please share it with all your blogger friends so they may not face this problem in the future.