CMS platforms like Blogger.com & WordPress.com offer users to create a website for free. But they don’t provide a custom domain because the domain is very costly, but there are a few ways to purchase a domain at a low price.
Suppose your website is on blogger, and you purchased a domain name, so how can you connect a custom domain to blogger without any error.
If you want to know the step by step guide then this article is only for you.
Connecting domains with Blogspot website doesn’t requires any rocket science.
It is a very simple task that anyone can do.
Most of the newbie bloggers who have never done before. They think that if they make any mistake, the domain will be of no use.
Which is absolutely not true.
By following the procedure I’m sharing here, I have connected multiple domains without any issues, and don’t forget to do the SEO settings of the Blogger website.
Here I will be using the website of my client. Whose website is created by me?
Setup GoDaddy Custom Domain To Blogger?
The domain we are going to connect is https://www.rishavofficial.com/
- Login to blogger dashboard in which you want to add a custom domain.
- Go to Settings > Basic > Set up a third-party URL for your blog
- Enter your domain name as shown below [www.hextoid.com] and click save
- Here an error occurred, but don’t worry about it, this is just to verify domain ownership.
- These are 2 CNAME records that you have to add in the domain DNS record
Once you have received the CNAME records visit your domain registrar website here I’m using the GoDaddy.
- Navigate to GoDaddy (Domain Registrar) profile > Products
- Click on DNS of the domain you want to add
- Here we have to add two CNAME records option
- But in case if it is not available, click on ADD and choose 2 CNAME records as it is displayed below.
- Now follows the below snapshot and Save These 2 CNAME records.
- Copy 1st CNAME record from the blogger and paste in the DNS
- Copy 2nd CNAME record from the blogger and paste in the DNS
- Here we have added the CNAME records
- Go back to Blogger settings, and Click on DNS settings file
- A text file containing 4 IP address will download
- These IPs are same for all the websites
- Go to GoDaddy account and click On Add
- In “Type” select “A”
- Host “@”
- In Points to box add these 4 IP addresses one by one
Setup Domain Forwarding
- Scroll down and click on Add near Domain, in Domain Forwarding section.
- Set up as it is shown in the snapshot below and please fill your own website wherever it is required 😂.
- After setting up this a confirmation message is displayed here.
Note: To update these settings, it may take 10 minutes to 48hr. Most of the time, it gets updated in just 5-10 minutes.
But if it is not, then you have to wait for at least 24 – 48hr. Don’t worry if it is taking too long.
- Again go to Blogger > Settings > Basic > Fill your domain name as it is shown in the snapshot and click save.
- As you can see finally, the Blogspot website is linked with the custom domain.
- Click on Edit
- Tick in the redirect box and save
Also Check: How To Add Email Subscription Widget In Blogger
You may also read tutorial by Blogspot team to Setup custom domain to blogger.
I hope this article would be helpful for you to connect the custom domain to blogger easily.
If you found this article useful, recommend this to all your blogger friends, and don’t forget to share it on social media.
If you have any queries feel free to express in the comment section.